By Mardi Gomberg-Maitland, Jonathan L. Halperin, Mark A. Creager (auth.), Mark A. Creager MD (eds.)
Read Online or Download Atlas of Vascular Disease PDF
Similar nonfiction_10 books
In September 1983 the 1st foreign Headache Congress happened, the founding congress of the overseas Headache Society (lHS). This assembly was once attended through round two hundred headache experts from a few 20 nations. one of many critical objectives of the IHS, which was once shaped in London in 1982, is to advertise and stimulate curiosity and examine within the headache box.
1. goals OF THE creation The systematic review of claims to wisdom is the valuable activity of epistemology. based on naturalistic epistemologists, this job can't be good played until right awareness is paid to where of the understanding topic in nature. All philosophers who can thoroughly be known as 'naturalistic epistemologists' join theses: (a) people, together with their cognitive colleges, are entities in nature, inter appearing with different entities studied by means of the traditional sciences; and (b) the result of ordinary clinical investigations of people, rather of biology and empirical psychology, are correct and doubtless an important to the epistemological company.
This quantity is produced from lots of the papers awarded at a symposium held in Miami seashore through the nationwide assembly of the yankee Chemical Society in September, 1978. In a feeling, it's a sequel to the 1st ACS symposium hung on this subject and released below the identify "Polymer Colloids" in 1971 via Plenum Press.
This quantity is the end result of the overseas university of Phar macology direction backed as a NATO complicated learn Institute and held in Erice (Sicily) on the Ettore Majorana Centre for medical tradition from October three via 12, 1980. The path, which consisted of lectures and educating seminars, tested problems with foreign value in all levels of drug improvement, evaluate, and regu lation.
- Concepts and Models
- Progress in Drug Research/Fortschritte der Arzneimittelforschung/Progrés des recherches pharmaceutiques
- Reproduction: DNA Animal Viruses
- Charge and Field Effects in Biosystems—3
- Annual Review of Hydrocephalus: Volume 5 1987
- Analyses in Macroeconomic Modelling
Additional info for Atlas of Vascular Disease
The International Registry of Acute Aortic Dissection (lRAD): new insights into an old disease. lAMA 2000, 283:897-903. 3. Eagle KA, Doroghazi RM, DeSanctis RW, Austen GW: Aortic dissection. In The Practice of Cardiology, 2nd ed. Edited by Eagle KA, Haber E, DeSanctis RW, Austen WG. Boston: Little Brown; 1989:1369-1392. 4. : New classifications of aortic dissection with improved impact on prognosis. I Am CoIl Cardiol 2002, 39:264A. 5. Isselbacher EM: Diseases of the aorta. In Heart Disease: a Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine, 6th ed.
Penetrating atherosclerotic ulcerations occur almost exclusively in the descending thoracic aorta. Patients tend to be elderly with hypertension and evidence of atherosclerotic disease elsewhere. Presenting symptoms include chest and back pain similar to that of aortic dissection. The natural history of penetrating atherosclerotic ulcer is unclear, but at present management strategies are essentially the same as for classic aortic dissection. ATLAS OF VASCULAR DISEASE 44 SURVIVAL AND LATE FOLLOW-UP LATE COMPLICATIONS OF AORTIC DISSECTION AND FOllOW-UP EVALUATION Late comp lications Recurrent dissection or progress ion of dissection Progre ive aortic insuffiCiency requiring ()ortic v() lve replacement (in patients not initially having undergone aortic valve replacem nt) Aneurysm formation-may lead to aortic rupture Patients at particularly high risk Those with Marfan syndrome-very hi gh risk of recu rrent dissection or of aneurysm formation with rupture Those with a patent false lumen- increased incidence of late comp li c()tions and death FIGURE 2-48.
A, The proximal and distal false lumina have expanded outward, producing an enlarged aortic silhouette with an abnormal bulging contour, while the diameter of the true lumen is narrowed minimally. B, The false lumen has expanded inward, causing marked narrowing of the true lumen, but this results in little or no change in the silhouette of the ascending or descending aorta. An unremarkable chest radiograph might be seen in this case. ) FIGURE 2-16. Chest radiograph suggestive of aortic dissection.