By Alessandro Bassi, Micah Beck, Terry Moore (auth.), Alain Jean-Marie (eds.)
This booklet constitutes the refereed lawsuits of the seventh Asian Computing technology convention, ASIAN 2002, held in Hanoi, Vietnam in December 2002.
The 17 revised complete papers offered including invited contributions have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from 30 submissions. The convention was once dedicated to net computing and modeling, grid computing, peer-to-peer platforms, and cluster computing. one of the matters addressed are scalable infrastructure for international info grids, allotted checkpointing, record coloring, parallel debugging, combinatorial optimization, video on call for servers, caching, grid environments, community enabled servers, multicast conversation, dynamic source allocation, site visitors engineering, path-vector protocols, Web-based web broadcasting, Web-based middleware, and subscription-based web providers.
Read or Download Advances in Computing Science — ASIAN 2002: Internet Computing and Modeling, Grid Computing, Peer-to-Peer Computing, and Cluster Computing 7th Asian Computing Science Conference Hanoi, Vietnam, December 4–6, 2002 Proceedings PDF
Best computing books
Firm Modeling and Computing with UML bridges fields which are heavily comparable, yet are usually studied in isolation: firm modeling and data structures modeling. The critical notion is to take advantage of a customary language for modeling details structures, UML, as a catalyst, and examine its capability for modeling organizations.
The amount is the 1st one on the planet literature that is a complete, brand new account on computing with phrases, a brand new course in largely perceived clever platforms, proposed and endorsed by way of Professor Zadeh, the founding father of fuzzy units concept and fuzzy common sense. traditionally, computing was once desirous about manipulation of numbers.
This quantity constitutes the refereed court cases of the fifteenth overseas Computing and Combinatorics convention, COCOON 2009, held in ny, new york, united states in July 2009. The fifty one revised prolonged abstracts awarded have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from a hundred twenty five submissions. The papers are equipped in topical sections on algorithmic video game thought and coding conception, algorithms and knowledge constructions, graph drawing, algorithms and information buildings, cryptography and defense, algorithms, computational geometry, approximation algorithms, computational biology and bioinformatics, sampling and studying, complexity and computability, probabilistic research, and algorithms and knowledge buildings.
- Frontiers of High Performance Computing and Networking – ISPA 2006 Workshops: ISPA 2006 International Workshops, FHPCN, XHPC, S-GRACE, GridGIS, HPC-GTP, PDCE, ParDMCom, WOMP, ISDF, and UPWN, Sorrento, Italy, December 4-7, 2006. Proceedings
- DNA Computing and Molecular Programming: 17th International Conference, DNA 17, Pasadena, CA, USA, September 19-23, 2011. Proceedings
- Macmillan Dictionary of Personal Computing & Communications
- Soft Computing in Industrial Applications: Proceedings of the 17th Online World Conference on Soft Computing in Industrial Applications
Additional resources for Advances in Computing Science — ASIAN 2002: Internet Computing and Modeling, Grid Computing, Peer-to-Peer Computing, and Cluster Computing 7th Asian Computing Science Conference Hanoi, Vietnam, December 4–6, 2002 Proceedings
4. The method to detect orphan messages 5 Detecting Orphan Messages In message-passing programs, DO-events are orphan messages. Thus a problem is to know when a send event is responsible for an orphan message in re-executions. Two solutions are suggested here. Firstly, all orphan messages of a recovery line and all correlative send events (DOevents) are identified based on the event graph. A list of these DO-events is sent to each process and they are skipped during re-execution. A disadvantage of this method is the requirement of searching the event graph and the extra communication overhead.
2 results in an inconsistent state. The need of message logging is a major drawback of staggered checkpointing. Because all nodes take checkpoints at different times, the messages must be logged to prevent from losing them when needed. The overhead for message logging also causes the traffic for the stable storage. The stable storage bottleneck caused by message logging degrades the overall performance. Another possible drawback of the staggered checkpointing is blocking of process caused by the checkpointing of the other processes.
A list of these DO-events is sent to each process and they are skipped during re-execution. A disadvantage of this method is the requirement of searching the event graph and the extra communication overhead. It is thus not an optimal solution if the event graph data is large and there are many processes. Secondly, identification of orphan messages is processed based on a small comparison at each send event during replay phase. Each event has a sequential number, called ID number, and this number is the same in the initial execution and the re-execution.